A two-alarm fire at a home being rented out by four students attending Frostburg State University has killed one person and injured two others.
The fire happened around 5 a.m. early Friday morning. Here are some more details from WBALTV.com:
Officials said nearly 75 firefighters from Allegany and Garrett counties were called to the home owned by Judy Knieriem. She told officials the two-story single-family home had been converted into college rentals for students at Frostburg State University.
There’s no word yet on how the fire started, but firefighters said the second floor partially collapsed into the first floor, rendering it a complete loss.
The loss of life has shocked the community at Frostburg State University, who have spilled out their emotions via Twitter throughout the day using hashtags such as #RIPJunior (Nickname of the deceased student).
Others in the FSU community and beyond have also expressed their thoughts:
There are currently two GoFundMe fundraisers which have been established to help out the other roommates who’ve literally lost everything in this fire.
The first one was established by two students attending Salisbury University. Here’s the link HERE.
The other one was started by students at Frostburg State University. Here’s the link HERE.